Well, here I am again. YAY! I've done some writing and some homeworking, and I feel like blogging right now. So here I am. Hooray! You know, I've noticed something. I just noticed how easy it is to fall into the habit of going back to re-word stuff to make it longer until I started working on NaNoWriMo (or how much I do so). I know that it's completely against the rules of NaNoWriMo, but I'm finding myself doing it anyway. (by the way, you aren't supposed to be editing during NaNoWriMo. The point is to just crank the darn novel out of your head and say you did). I'm not entirely sure, though - IS it against the rules to edit if it makes a phrase longer, and therefore makes you, the writer, more likely to succeed? I think it kind of works? Maybe?
Mind you, this whole extra-wordiness thing doesn't come without benefits. I just had to write up a physics paper about Why Our Egg Drop Project Failed, and using the extra amount of elaboration capabilities I have acquired, I was able to make it actually three pages long, instead of, I don't know, half a paragraph, maybe? Okay, it wouldn't have been THAT long. But I AM in more practice of not writing compound words unless it's in dialogue for characters who are not likely to not make compound words (blog posts excepted), so that did help. And also, our project was terrible. And there was a lot to fix about it. But it was longer when I hand wrote it. So I had to use the elaboration skills to make it work. YAY TIM GUNN FOR MAKING THAT PHRASE REMIND ME OF HIM!
I'm feeling really random right now. I'm out of it. I didn't take my meds this morning so I had to have coffee at around noon, and I intended to take a vitamin only, since the coffee's caffeine would work well enough for the time being, but I accidentally also took my meds. I'm going to be up LATE tonight...
Well, at least I can get some more writing done.
2 comments:
I love "elaboration capabilities"... that kind of thing really DOES come in useful, doesn't it??? Sometimes :)
true life. Just say what's been said about twenty times and you should be good :D
Post a Comment