For the record, I've technically won NaNo. No, I didn't type up 25000 words last night and verify it on the website, but I HAVE written 50000 words. (this is where the 'sorta' bit of the title comes in) I created an account on the Young Writer's Program, set my word goal for 25000, typed about 100 words on a school laptop, and verified it there. So TECHNICALLY I've won. I still want to verify on the official website so I can ACTUALLY say that I've won. So that's that.
In other news, I have a total of around four hours between today and tomorrow to actually do all this typing that I'm talking about. Which means that I'm now going to stop blogging and start typing.
I'm most definitely going to be keeping this story going while I can, but I'm not sure how long it'll take. As NaNo ends tomorrow, I'm not going to actually have to USE all the discipline I needed during the month of November (Well, maybe I will...), because I have an indefinite period of time in which to write an indefinite number of words, and I'm not going to actually have a lot of time (all my writing during school will be thrown out of the window in favor of using my free blocks for homework next month, as the rehearsal schedule will be stepped up kind of a lot).
In short, if you're going to be seeing me regularly next summer, expect me to have replaced my knitting needles and yarn for my journal and pencil case, because, in all honesty, when else am I going to finish it?
No comments:
Post a Comment