Well, I've written a lot more today.
And yes, mother, of COURSE I'm (not) doing my AP reading.
But, in other news, NaNo hasn't got me as panicked as it did before. Mostly, I think, because I caught up. Sort of.
Anyway, I'm officially declaring my progress with NaNoWriMo. YAY!
Also, that I'm probably going to be participating in NaNoFiMo (yes, it actually exists): National Novel Finishing Month. It's during December. And I'll be participating. Because I can. Also because I'll probably need to. Because, let's face it, even if I DO manage to hand-write 240 Composition Book Pages, that's still only 96 typed pages. And, in my head, even with the extra pages created by page breaks for chapters, doing 96 pages condensed isn't a novel. It's a... non-novel.
It's what John Steinbeck did when he was too braindead after sitting down and writing "Grapes of Wrath" - he decided to do NaNoWriMo and wound up with "Of Mice and Men." Except for the fact that he did "Of Mice and Men" first. And that NaNoWriMo wasn't around in 1937-9.
It wasn't around until 1999.
So... my point is no longer valid.
I'm going to go do AP now.
No comments:
Post a Comment