Thursday, December 2, 2010

For the record...

Well, for the record, just in case anyone cares (I do!), this is my 500th post. YAY!!! I didn't expect to make it this far, but here I am, writing up my 500th post, feeling slightly awed that I actually made it to 500 posts. Wow...
Anyway, in other news, I've discovered something: reading Tamora Pierce makes me think of Shyasha Rinkari. I don't know why, but reading some of her novels - especially those involving Keladry and/ or Alanna - make me think of Shya. I have no idea why. Maybe because Keladry and Alanna and Shyasha Rinkari have a lot in common or something.
Well, Keladry and Alanna don't have a troubled, 5000-year-long, romantically-disinclined, pissed-and-scarred past (I wouldn't expect that many ten-year-olds to have a 5000-year-long past to begin with, much less one that invloves being scarred, but still), but they all are kind of pissed that girls are not allowed to go into combat, and so they go into combat just to prove the doubters wrong.
And then they all kick butt and take names and make any dudes regret hurting them.
Especially Shya.
So... yeah.
YAY!

No comments: