Well, as of six thirty this morning, I have officially proved that five-hour rehearsals SUCK. Especially if you have AP history terms to finish, and if you have small enough parts to have big gaps between your parts but big enough parts to not be able to get anything done (except scene and costume changes) in between. I mean, I'm AWARE that there's not even the occasional homework thing for the students in the pit (there, I admitted that it's hard for the pit as well. Happy, Jillster?), but there's still the fact that it kind of sucks for the performers too. We have to sing and dance at the same time, remember lines and blocking, and make sure that we get enough sleep AND finish homework in the little amount of time that we have in between!
Jillster, for the record, I respect your work and stuff, but I still don't know how you survive without free blocks. Remember to sign up for one next year if you plan on being in the pit again (or want to be in any show again. It is a General Rule of Thumb for any Student That Plans to be Involved in Any Show Week Ever). But it's a General Tip for any middle schooler who wants to sign up for the musical in high school: make sure you have study hall or a free block in which to do your homework for all the annoying teachers that assign lots of homework (and for all the homework for the other teachers, too). That is, if you want to actually SLEEP and not have your growth severely stunted and your temper fuse cut short.
But still, it's going to save you a LOT of time when you get home from rehearsal and you're all tired and stuff and you don't want to finish your homework.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
No comments:
Post a Comment