Sunday, January 9, 2011
MORE MUSIC!
Well, once again, I have bought MORE MUSIC on iTunes (and now I am WAY below ten bucks on the gift card). And I'm EXCEEDINGLY happy because it is the two songs from '1776' that make me very happy: "But Mr. Adams" and "the Egg." Especially the part I just passed... Adams: I am only forty-one, I still have my verility/ I can romp through Cupid's grove with great agility/ but life is more than sexual combustiblity! I think a LOT of teenage girls today could do with that reminder... It's a masterpeice I say/ they will cheer every word every letter/ I wish I felt that way/ I think I can put it better/ now then attend/ as friend to friend/ our declaration committee/ for us I see/ immortality/ in Philadelphia city... Like that part too. Why? I have no idea. Partly because I can kind of relate to Jefferson not thinking the Declaration is worth crap - he WROTE it. He's ENTITLED to think that. And then Franklin says that he thinks they are going to wind up immortal. I guess they kind of did end up immortal, but this was written two hundred years after the thought might have passed through Benjamin Franklin's brain, so we'll never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment