Friday, January 14, 2011

yes, I still exist

Yes, I know that I haven't posted in forever. I have had rehearsal. And also homework. And also midterms. And stuff. Today's the last day of the quarter, so I have been kind of stressing about stuff. Like making sure that I do not get more C's than I need to. Aka fewer than one if I can. Which may or may not be possible, considering late work and my physics teacher's grading scale.
Speaking of grading scales, the superintendent of my school district is trying to standardize all grading, all teaching, and basically all of everything. In a way, this is good: this means that if I have and 84 in physics, that can be a B, not a C. However, apparently he wants to have all the classes be scripted, which is kind of insane. He also wants to make tests 75% of the grade of every class, which is kind of stupid. How can you test the creativity of someone's writing? How does one test one's singing capability? I mean, I can see why he's doing this whole standardization thing - so moms with kids at school A do not get annoyed that their kids at school B are getting 90% as a B while their siblings at school A are getting 90% as an A. But still.
And speaking of ANOTHER rant that I need to get out of my system: WHY ARE THEY CHANGING THE ZODIAC SIGNS? I am an ARIES, not a PISCES. It's REALLY ANNOYING! This is right up there in Cosmic Necessities with Pluto still being a planet. You can't just go and CHANGE something that's been going on for several thousands of years. It's INSANE!!!!
Okay, I'm done being mad at stuff now. I'm going to rehearsal. Goodbye.
HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments: