Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ranting and arguements

Hello! Before I start ranting today, I just wanted to put something out: please note the timestamp. Yes, I was actually able to come home before 7 today, which means I can actually have a voice lesson today. Hooray!!! Anyway, in other news, I've been working on my novel. However, my characters have started arguing with each other and pissing me off. Is this normal?
They didn't argue a lot BEFORE now, which is making me wonder what's going on. What haven't they told me about themselves?
AAH!!!
I'm aware that all you rational people will think I'm going insane, but talk about characters to the next writer you meet, and if they have a similar reaction to when their characters start arguing, then please tell me (so I won't feel utterly stupid and also so everyone can learn whether it's just me or whether all writers get irritated when their characters start yelling at each other).
Anyway, back on topic.
Noveling.
I'm also way behind on my page count. It's not that important now that NaNoWriMo is over; however, I feel like if I leave my characters for too long, they'll start arguing worse than ever and I won't remember all the arguments and be completely out of sync with them and kind of die and never get the novel finished. Which would suck. A lot.

No comments: