Well, my Lenten Success Story (or lack thereof) is as follows:
Tuesday (not actually Lent yet): I decide I want to give up anything with more than 12 grams of sugar (this means artificial sugar... i.e., fruit does not count, fruit juice does; so does yogurt); to write at least six pages of my novel (about two thousand words); and to do at least forty or fifty push-ups a day.
Wednesday (first day of Lent): I keep my sugar under control; I do NOT meet the day's writing quota (though I am close); I don't even attempt my push-ups.
Thursday: after coming home from an SOL and an early release, I sit and watch TV for a few hours. I DO do push-ups in TKD; I write to meet Wednesday's quota; sugar remains under control. Added plus: I learn that girl scout cookies have an acceptable level of sugar intake, as long as I only have three (or seven, in the case of Trefoils... YAY FOR NO TOPPINGS ON COOKIES!).
Friday: No writing. No push-ups. No sugar. I'm now six pages behind schedule, and I made my most recent action scene irritatingly short... but, as the NaNoWriMo rules state (which I'm going to be applying here), the only editing I'm allowed to be doing is fixing a word or two to bump my word count AS I GO ALONG. This is another reason I'm doing it by hand - to make sure I only go back to check details about people.
Saturday (aka tomorrow): nothing is going to get done, except perhaps the MOST IMPORTANT TEST OF MY LIFE (my first SAT, which I am going to FAIL). I have to be there at 7:45 ON A WEEKEND, and then I'm going HIKING right after with venture crew. And then I'm babysitting.
I want to sleep tonight, but on the other hand, I'm not going to be able to write 24 pages on Sunday - I have IYAG, and all the homework that I didn't do on Saturday.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't you just LOVE insanity?
Anyway, for all of you Christian peeps out there: what are YOU doing for Lent?
No comments:
Post a Comment