Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rehearsal: an update

Well, yesterday we finished the first set of scene-specific rehearsals.
Translation: basically everyone should be off-book starting today.
Translation: NO SCRIPTS ALLOWED FROM TODAY ON UNLESS YOU MISSED REHEARSAL EARLIER.
We've been through the show once, and everyone should be memorized.
Except for all of those really lame skipping skippers who skip, and also those loyal thespians that have attended EVERY rehearsal they have had to attend but who are nevertheless affected by the skipping of the skipping skippers who skip. For example me, in relation to the guy who plays the oldest Prince. The bit in scene four between me and him (THAT bit) is the only bit I haven't fully memorized.
The Prince actually showed up yesterday, which made everyone very happy.
He showed up late, however, by about 45 minutes. He arrived about 10 minutes after the director decided that she'd have to kick him out (it would've been the 3rd rehearsal he missed) and about 30 seconds before his last line of the first read-through. He got a round of applause, because he FINALLY showed up!
I also had to tell him from across the stage that he looked good with his shirt off during the next read-through.
And then I had to tell it to his face while jumping around doing energy run (where you jump around while saying lines and use lots of ENERGY!).
For some reason, jumping around on one foot and wildly gesturing while looking someone in the face and saying they look good shirtless makes it a lot easier to say it without a ton of embarassment (especially if they would ACTUALLY look good shirtless) - you look ridiculous and the line is ridiculous, so it goes together nicely.
I hope he can keep this up.
He now knows that I'm in the show and that I'm the main character, so I think that gives me full capability to go up to him and remind him about rehearsal tomorrow if I see him in the hall.

No comments: