I could be reading "The Odyssey." I could be looking up qualities of heroes. I could be doing precalculus. I could be studying the cold war for a test next week. I could be studying for a physics test next Friday. I could be doing a physics lab. But instead, I'm blogging!
See, the annoying thing about the end of the year - and maybe it's just the end of THIS year, or maybe it's just me - is that the all-grades show goes up in a week and a half, and this week and next week are the ones in which I have three tests, three worksheets, four (and a little extra) books to read of "the Odyssey," and nine full runs of the show, counting the performance days. It's kind of exhausting. At the same time, constant rehearsal is the reason I can keep my grades up. It may sound counter-intuitive, but it's true. See, with less time to do homework, I have less time to procrastinate. If I procrastinate less, then I get more homework done. If I get more homework done, I'm more likely to turn more homework in, which means I'm more likely to get good grades, which is more likely to get me into a good college, which is more likely to get me a good job, which... yeah.
Anyway, on a different note, you should ALL come see the all-grades show, because it shall be amazing and wonderful and fantabulous and full of complete and utter awesomeness. It'll be even more amazingly fantabulous if I ever get time to learn my fights! That would be wonderful!
We have another full run today, which means I'm going to be performing for almost all of the two hours we are going to be rehearsing. Wait... two and a half. Yay for almost-tech-week! It's a long and difficult time, but it's fun. Normally. Unless I don't get something to eat beforehand. Then it just sucks, because I'm irritated ALL THE TIME, which sucks.
However, I did bring my last prop today: girl scout cookies. Yes, girl scout cookies.
In the alternate universe into which I fall, they do not call them Thin Mints, or even cookies. They call them Dumplings. And I get to eat them. YAY!
I just hope they don't all get eaten backstage before show night.
No comments:
Post a Comment