HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! :D
Yesterday was the first full run of the all-grades show. It took all of the three hours we set aside for it, and it would've gone on longer, if we actually did scene 11. But we didn't do scene 11 because the teacher who plays my grandpa couldn't go to rehearsal, but we still went a bit over.
We had to block scene 5 and scene 10, and a lot of people were blanking on lines and missing their scenes and there was a lot of redistribution of lines because of people's repeated absences.
It was the first run, after all, which means that by nature it should take forever because it's the first full run, with all the exits and the entrances and the lines and the blocking and the stuff and the stuff and stuff. It was crazy.
I also learned that I get to do FOUR super-cool fights. I win two. Then I nearly die in the third one. Then I get revived and kick butt in a hand-to-hand fight. YAY!!! I think the only reason I very nearly die in the third fight is because if I don't, then the show would have no meaning or tension after intermission - the curtain goes down, and I'm lying dead with a bunch of bruises and some flesh wounds. (I'm not dead YET, though - I get better. 'tis only a flesh wound) Soooooo yeah. Woohoo!!!
The nature of the kiss changed again. First it was the mouth kiss, then it was a cheek kiss, now I aim for his cheek and he turns his head. I just want to get it OVER WITH so it's DONE. Even if the first time is on opening night, the awkwardness then will at least be genuine.
So that's my update for now.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment