Saturday, July 16, 2011

Shakespeare... farewell...

Well, today was officially the last day of Camp Shakespeare. It culminated with a performance that occured this morning, which went really well. Except for two people forgot lines.
It was supremely awesome to perform in a professional theater, though. Except for the blinding stage lights and ample amounts of space.
The fights in the show went reasonably well also. The parents of some of my campmates have said that I was really good on the fights and that the anger of my character was evident, but I want to wait until the DVD comes before I say whether or not I agree with them. I probably won't, just because I like watching my stuff even though I think I am lousy a lot of the time (this may or may not be true).
I'm just really sad that camp is over, which has not happened in a while. Maybe because this time I did a lot of stuff that I would not do in shows at school - fighting with two weapons, comprehending Shakespeare and enjoying it, and sharing roles with several other people, to name a few.
Also, I went in to the show knowing absolutely nobody, and I came out with fifteen new friends. At school, I go in knowing a lot of the cast and get to know the people I have not officially met yet. Now, I know a lot of cool people whom I had no idea existed before last Tuesday, and I willingly made an effort to comprehend Shakespeare! IT WAS AWESOME!
Now I kind of want to analyze more Shakespeare, but alas, I have found none so far in the house. It is hard for me to believe that we own nothing by the Bard. I will have to work on that.
And I will.
Right now.
Farewell, for the time being! I shall post in the future!

No comments: