Well, today in camp, we did lots of cool shindigs.
My favorite part of the day continues to be Stage Combat, and that is where the Anecdote of the Day takes place.
Well, the Anecdote of the Day is more like the News of Today, which is this: I get to fight with two weapons at the same time! IT'S EXCITING!!! AND AWESOME!!! I feel supremely cool.
I haven't entirely mastered some of the blocks and and attacks with two weapons yet, as I had memorized the routine with just the sword (as opposed to having a sword in my left hand and a dagger in my right), but I'm working on it, and it's a lot of fun.
I don't know why I'm so excited by the fact that I get to do combat; I just am. (Don't take it as me being a crazy weapon-maniac - outside of combat rehearsal, I take slight fear of any sort of weaponry that is not my fists).
Anyhow, in other news, we finished blocking most of the show today. It's coming together well, considering that the show goes up in four days and that we've only had six days of rehearsal (counting today. If the United States had declared its independence on a different date, then we would've had seven days of rehearsal. But, these things being as they are, we've had six. I AM glad, however, that the US is independent. YAY INDEPENDENCE!).
I'm really excited for the performance. Especially for being a gargoyle. That's going to be loads of fun.
All in all, I'm most pumped for the combat. If it were a musical, I would be pumped for the music and the dancing as well as the combat. But this is Shakespeare, not Sondheim.
Shakespeare is awesome, though. I love Shakespeare.
I didn't think I would wind up liking Shakespeare (or comprehending his writing, for that matter), but here I am, enjoying Shakespeare (and making sense of the show, too!). Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment