Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Entry # 17, Europe Journal

11:48 AM The Bus, Interlaken 28 July 2011
We just got back on the bus on our first town day. We went to this chocolatier in Interlaken, and he showed us yow they make hollow chocolate cows and how the chocolate goes from the pod/ bean/ plant to the chocolate place:
  1. grown
  2. pods = harvested
  3. pods split open
  4. beans harvested
  5. put under banana leaves for fermentation - 7-10 days
  6. 7-10 days = drying
  7. shipped/ sold
  8. ground
  9. fat from bean = removed
  10. all = melted
  11. mixed so it's smooth
  12. sugar/ milk/ vanilla/ necessaries added
  13. mixed
  14. heated
  15. coolness
  16. stuff is done
  17. eaten

yeah, that's basically it.
I think.
Anyway, the chocolate was DELICIOUS.
And white chocolate isn't actually chocolate because the cocoa powder isn't used.
No we're on the bus to go to a waterfall thing.
I still wish we were going to do the white water rafting thing.  I'm sure the waterfalls are super awesome and all, and we can always go class-four rafting in West Virginia, but I was just looking out the window ad part of the river, and there is NOTHING like that in West Virginia.

No comments: