So these notes are what I took on the bus on the way to Interlaken. They're actually sort of interesting (I think, at least), and they're in the notebook, so why not put them in?
FACTS (7/27/11)
- Adelboden is in a valley with a river that gives its name to the valley
- I can't spell it (river/ valley); I probably can't pronounce it, either.
- *now I don't remember it*
- Adelboden = 1356 meters above sea level, same height as Chalet, just on the other side of the valley
- woodcarver visits since 1945 (Chalet opened 1932)
- suspension bridge over a river = 180 meters high, 30 meters long, largest (one of) suspension bridge in Europe
- Elsegen hike *one of the peaks* = at peak = Edelweiss = Swiss national flower; endangered species *who knew flowers could be endangered*
- Frutegen *town* = 800 meters *above sea level? not sure - I just put the measurement*, more bricks b/c of a fire in 1724, had to rebuild
- Kandersteg (spelling?) valley *Kandersteg = another peak* - Boy Scout World Center? World center of something with huge chalet (WAGGGS chalet = 12 summer volunteers; theirs: 70)
- Neissan Mt - 2400? meters - longest staircase (11,632 steps) record climbing - 55 minutes 50 seconds
- Aeshi *not sure where this is* = Helen Storrow's Ideal Location for Chalet (Falk talked her down for more adventure and it got moved to Adelboden)
*Helen Storrow = founder of Our Chalet; Falk = her friend who helped in Location Scouting*
- Lake Thun (pronounced Tune) = huge = 500 meters?
- Interlaken - one of best-known adventure sites
No comments:
Post a Comment