Saturday, August 27, 2011

Entry # 21, Europe Journal

1 August, 2011 Monday 11:43 AM above the gorge.
Well, we rappelled down into a gorge today. It was actually rather fun. Next time I rappel into a gorge, though, I'm bringing biking gloves. It's not that the rope gave me blisters or anything - it's that a lot of the ropes are really dirty and if the gorge is really deep, probably WILL give you blisters. I wasn't horrendously scared. It was kind of scary in the second go because you couldn't see over the edge so you basically had to go down blind. And the second bit was the longer of the two.
The most annoying part was when I got my foot stuck in a crevice at the beginning. It didn't hurt; I didn't pop, twist, or sprain anything; I just couldn't move anywhere for about a minute because I couldn't figure out where to push off from.

Anyway, I was distracted for a moment from writing f...
Mom is singing "The Sound of Music" in her 'opera' voice. It's crazy. And she can't remember all the words. It's apparently her dream to sing "Sound of Music" in the Alps, and then she got all fake-pissed when we told her that most of it's set in Austria, not Switzerland. It's kind of funny that she couldn't remember all the words and had to be spoon-fed them.
But she lived the dream.
In opera.

No comments: