Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Entry # 6, Europe Journal

July 22, 2011 Room 320, Youth Hostel, Bern 6:18 PM Swiss Time (12:18 EST)
Well, here we are. It's been a LONG day, and we're not allowed to sleep for another three hours so we can conk out ad overcome jet lag at the same time.
It'll be easier than walking all over Bern running on nothing but coffee and adrenaline and an hour and a half of fitful non-sleep. I am utterly EXHAUSTED, even though it's only noon back home. I've tried to nap, but something (or someone) has woken me up (probably on purpose) from the slumber I crave.
From the train station, we went to the hostel, which is a rather nice place, though a bit cramped. In my room is me, Paige, Mom, and Jean. I sort of wish the two Motivated Moms (aka nit-picky, can-sometimes-be-annoying-to-travel-with, I'm-going-to-be-with-you-for-three-weeks-so-why-can't-I-get-away-when-I-have-the-chance (that's my feelings on the topic) moms) weren't the moms I would be staying with in Bern, especially as one of them is mine (no offense to Mom...) but I'll just have to deal. I also have to write a LOT of letters.
And Paige and I are being summoned for dinner. Will write later. Probably.






Side note:
what I've noticed, looking back on this, is that I'm really pissy when I'm tired but I write really well (in a non-straightforward flowy, enhancy way, that is).

No comments: