Tonight was the Night of Mayhem for all the people at my school who will be seniors in fewer than twelve hours. It was quite a hilarious experience. There were a few things that I would NOT do (underwear on the Metro, for example... I refuse to go public in my underwear, period). There had to be photographic evidence of everything (which was part of my refusal to be wearing basically nothing), so there's photos of me getting a piggyback ride from a stranger in the mall, a photo of us re-creating the Iwo Jima memorial, and us doing 'gang signs' with my dad. Also, us 'playing quidditch' in the garage of one of our group members. And us with someone who's going into eigth grade. And a lot of other crazy shenanigans. That's why it's called the Night of Mayhem. Because there's a lot of mayhem.
I'm mostly ready to go back to school now, but not entirely. I'm not sure I am ready to leave my school, but I am also sort of pumped for college. I really have no idea what I want to do.
So... senior year.
Thinking back to freshman year, or even sixth grade, when I started at this school, I thought all the seniors were maniacs. Now I KNOW all the seniors are maniacs. But all the seniors aren't as maniacal as I originally thought (but they're only not-as-maniacal by a little bit). I guess the difference is that I'm now a senior, and I'm no longer eleven, and I've come to accept that tampons are a fact of life (seniors often throw tampons into the crowd when they storm the stage on the first day. Back then, it was traumatizing. Now... well, I'm a teenage girl who is reasonably interested in things that require movement. Tampons are a fact of life) and that lunacy is a good thing. Most of the time. Except when it isn't. So... yeah. I'm sort of tired, so I should be going to bed now. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment