Friday, September 16, 2011

Ridiculosity and resumption of Europe Journal

I must admit, I have been absolutely horrendous about posting consistently. I'm AWARE that I haven't finished posting the Europe Journal (and if you weren't aware of my lack of finishing the posting of the Europe Journal, then... well... I'm telling you now). HOWEVER, that will be fixed this weekend. And hopefully soon thereafter.
Of course, that depends on whether I actually finish the college applications I was planning to do this weekend. And whether I finish reading about the Federalist Papers and judicial review and other government stuff. And stuff of that nature. And all the other occupational hazards of being a senior in high school. I'm aware that I'm not good at posting regularly. I will have you know that it isn't my fault. It's the fault of having enough HOMEWORK to get on my nerves and prevent me from posting. Also, I am out of the habit of posting regularly. That's another thing I will have to fix. Anyway, I hope it'll be fixed.

Anyway, in other news, if I haven't said this before (and I am pretty sure I have), my school's drama department is AMAZING. I just got back from the first black box play of the year, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." It was AMAZINGLY well-performed, especially for a high school show. Maybe it was BECAUSE it was a high school show is the reason why it was so amazing. Anyway, it was really good and I recommend it to EVERYONE who is not doing anything tomorrow night.
It's a very dark show, that's true, but it's a very cool one. Even though the main character dies and the annoying character prevails and all is not essentially well, but it IS well because one of the most tormented characters finally goes free, but whatever. It's complex. And that's what's good about it.

Anyhow, the worst part of senior year has been confirmed: I have lots of homework. It sucks. Although I like doing homework (yes, I'm a dork), I don't like settling down to do it, and it's the sort of homework that I have to sit down and do for around half an hour a day (it's mostly long-term stuff) or else I'll procrastinate until the night before, and then flip out because I haven't done something that's worth twenty percent of my grade. So I DO have daily homework, but yet I don't. It's hard to explain, but it exists, and doing that homework every single day and not trying to BS it is the hardest part. Except for actually doing AP English, and understanding whether or not we actually have stuff to do for AP government. And, when I DO have AB Calculus homework, understanding what it was my teacher said in class that morning. Eventually it's figure-out-able, but not before I've felt very stupid for half an hour because I feel like I should remember the content of the assignment, but I don't.
Hopefully I won't have to do that for the rest of my life.
Hopefully I won't have to ever use Calculus in my future, especially since I'm planning on studying Shakespeare, theatre, literature, and/ or history in college.
Of course, going to college requires applying...
which I have to do tomorrow...
Along with not sleeping in...
And also homework...
And also room-cleaning...

Welcome to high school. I hope this doesn't go on for the rest of my life.
Because that would majorly suck.

I actually don't mind the reading part of the homework. It's the understanding part that I don't like. See, it's not that I don't get some of it. I DO get a lot of it. It's the fact that it's required reading and I HAVE to read it in order to pass and get into a good college and not have to actually use calculus in my future. Not that I would anyway. I don't think writers or actors use calculus. Do they?
I'm not sure.

In other news, I'm tired and I need to sleep.

Also, if I haven't posted this already (I may have, I don't remember and I don't feel like going back and checking), there is a link that you can follow here that is all of the professionally-taken photos of the Shakespeare Camp I was in. The Teen Ensemble (the one I was in) is about 2/3rds of the way down (the photographer intentionally took photos of random blank white things to separate the three groups, and ours is after the second grayish-white photo). There are some good photos of me dying and fighting and stuff. And yeah.

Okay, goodnight.

No comments: