I have returned! I know, I haven't started re-typing the Journal yet. That's mostly because of two reasons:
1. Homework (three AP classes and annoying non-AP homework) and
2. I have forgotten where I put the journal.
It's not here around the computer, but I don't really feel like going on a supermassive quest to go and find it, since I have two tests, two essays, an essay rewrite and a novella to read, all of which are due sometime between tomorrow and October 11th. Well, make that three essays. Yeah, senior year is hard. Therefore, please forgive me if I'm horribly inconsistent with posting in the near future (ahem... until December). I'm liable to be going insane, procrastinating, or doing homework. This is one of the saner moments I have had in a while.
Also, I have college applications to figure out. I'll be working on that mostly this weekend, because I will actually have ample TIME to crank out several essays and update everything that needs to be updated and email the people who are writing letters for me and stuff. This'll be hard, but, then again, who said senior year was easy? And whoever says that deserves a rewind to their first semester of senior year.
Oh, yeah. I'm doing National Novel Writing Month again. I have college applications due by November 1st, November 15th, and December 1st. The earliest deadline is one of the schools I'm only applying to because mother insists I need more fit/ reach schools, so I don't really care if I miss that deadline. I haven't even visited it. Well, I've SEEN it, but I haven't been through the whole shebang of the Official College Tour there.
On the upside, I have almost all of my plot and stuff worked out for NaNoWriMo this year, which is a lot better than last year. I mean, last year wasn't a complete fail, but I didn't verify and I could split the whole thing into five books and nobody would care, because the plot is that expansive. And the characters were good. I liked them, but there was so much I could have done with them.
That's what you get when you base a novel off of a video game. A long story and no snazzy developments. But I'll be working on it... at some piont.
This year, however, I'm completely prepared. Well, MOSTLY prepared. I still have to get some more Shakespeare quotes, but other than that, I think I'm okay. I have all my character names, plot twists, character developments, showdowns, sub-plots, and potential insults that I think I might need. Okay, I could also use some more plot twists of a non-generic variety, but other than that, I'm okay. And I have time to figure this out, right?
This year, I'm probably going to post every day again, for a daily update about where I am in the novel and such. I'm just scared that this year I won't have enough plot to cover 50,000 words. The Shakespeare should help some, but I don't know how much it will help.
That's why I need some good fantasy/ fairy tale plot twists, and maybe some more chances for soliloquies. And maybe some Madonna songs as well, for my villain.
Yes, he's one of THOSE villains, who pretends to do evil acts because he's being manipulated, but really has a talent for singing and a lot of dramatics. Or, rather, he THINKS he has a talent for singing. Like that new kid on "Glee" who has self-diagnosed Asberger's Syndrome (not sure if that is how you spell it) when really she just wants to avoid having any tact whatsoever. And also who is so off-key that even the person with the worst ear in the music world (and maybe a moderate ear outside of it) can tell that she is off. If a song is in the key of D, she will sing it in G. Without tact.
Anyway, the point of that rant is that that character, while completely moronic, is very well-played, and also that my villain thinks he can be the next American Idol (... or Mercanova Idol, as the case may be), but really he will be completely off-key and tone-deaf and comes up with horrendous plans. Unfortunately, he DOES go overboard with the whole I'm-A-Villain-So-I-Must-Dress-Like-It type thing.
I'm SO bad at creating villains.
All right, I'm going off to research Shakespearean monolouges, Shakespearean soliloquies, Shakespearean Quotes, and, best of all (my favorite, at least), Shakespearean INSULTS. And do all that homework that I have to do. And some character stuff. And stuff.
Yeah, I've gotta go.
Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment