Yes, once again, I'm here to rant about how I'm going to go horribly insane and get really tired while taking on the lunatic operation of trying to write a novel in a month while also trying to survive my senior year.
If you're getting supremely tired of reading about this, tell me in the comments, and I will shut up.
And by 'shut up,' I mean that I'll cease my many posts regarding NaNo until it starts. Then, for sake of my creative writing grade and informing the world (or at least my readers) of my progress on my novel (or my non-progress on my novel), I will be posting every day with progress as of that moment. Yes, this WILL be a daily thing and it WILL be mandatory for my creative writing grade. I think. But for now, I'm saying it IS part of my grade, so YES, I DO have to do it. So if you hate hearing about how I'm going to write a novel, and you don't want to know how the novel is going, feel free to zone out until November.
Okay, on to the ACTUAL RANT!!!
I'm reasonably excited, but also a bit scared as well. See, unlike last year, my world now wholly my own, and I have to actually do something with it. I mean, last year it was loosely based on an N64 Super Mario game (here meaning a bit of the plot was drawn from it, and some of the creatures were taken and given different names. That's it. But I had creatures and I had a goal). This year, the plot is entirely mine, and that's really terrifying. Why? Well, I have sub-plotted to the max, for a start. Secondly, all my characters have been bugging me for their story to be told since AUGUST. I'm scared I'll fail them. (And for all of you non-writers who think I'm insane... you're lunatics). And I'm scared that something will go wrong - that Demetrius will never go for Hero, that Romeo will never save Demetrius, that Puck will never come into his powers, that Morgan will slip up and say something in chapter 12 that isn't supposed to be revealed until chapter 32, that Hero will think Demetrius is just some creepy stranger who randomly shows up and stars reciting sonnets, and not this really hot guy worthy of her affections...
This is what you get when you over-plot. I don't want to simplify, but I don't NOT want to simplify, either. Does that make any sense at all?
Anyway, plot fears aside, my other fear is that I will fail NaNo AND school. I mean, I would be fine with losing NaNo if it meant passing calculus and not screwing up my GPA, but I don't want to screw up my GPA AND not finish NaNo. Really, the ideal situation is that I write during my free blocks and then go home and do all my homework within four hours so I can write some more, but I'm one of those people who dares to take three AP classes AND have a life AND get to bed before midnight (though I have not been wholly successful on that last one), so that's not likely to happen.
Oh, yeah, and musical rehearsal starts November 7th, which is way earlier than we've done before. Which means that I'm NOT going to sleep. Or finish the novel. Or get good grades. Or do a lot of things that I'd really like to do, but won't be able to do because I'M DOING TOO MUCH IN NOVEMBER. Can you tell at all?
Okay, I admit, I AM leaving out that we have quite a few days off from school in November. There's a teacher work day, there's Veteran's Day, and there's Thanksgiving break. I think there's a total of ONE full week in November, if that. Wait... yes, one full week. And that's next week. But next week doesn't ENTIRELY count as a full week of November because there are still two days of October in next week. I can't forget Halloween, because Halloween will provide a lot of the non-healthy-but-I'll-still-eat-it-because-I-feel-entitled-since-I'm-writing-a-novel type of sustenance that I need to survive the ridiculous month ahead of me.
Though, to be quite honest, it will be highly unlikely that, when December finally comes around, I will still have all of my sanity still at a reasonably coherent level, or that I will have very little sleep to catch up on, or that my GPA will still above a 3.0, or that something else in my life will not have been horribly messed up.
But you never know. Surprises are fun. Except when they aren't.
Still, I hope that this will entail a good surprise, like maybe how my math teacher will MAYBE be lenient with the homework, or that my English teacher decides that she will NOT be assigning any books in November, or that all the November tests in Government are cancelled. You never know.
But they COULD load on ALL the homework possible. And if they do that, I'm quite sure that I won't be the only teenager who wants to sue someone for depriving teenagers for their right (and biological need) to sleep.
Thus concludes my rant for today.
Farewell.
No comments:
Post a Comment