Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow! grr...

It snowed yesterday. WHY DID IT SNOW YESTERDAY? I live many, many, MANY miles away from any place that normally gets snow around this time. Why is this year different? I had to walk home in it from my school's production of "Little Shop of Horrors," which is probably partly why it bugged me. But "Little Shop" was really good!

But anyway, this is the first time that I can remember that it has snowed before Halloween, which does not bode well for my costume. I'm not scantily clad or anything, but I'll be cold without something else on, and I don't think it will look right if I have something else on over it. Oh, well. That's life, I guess. Regardless of how much it bugs me, there is still life that must go on.

Anyway, in other news, I have a SECOND COLLEGE APPLICATION IN!! WHOOHOO! And it's for a school I ACTUALLY want to go to! It is, as it transpires (not sure if I've said this already; if I have, please disregard this sentence), the school where my favorite band studied. This is exciting.

I have now discovered the glory of the Common App. Why? Well, I got that application in through the common app; I have two (maybe three) more schools that use it, which means I am essentially done with those. I just have to double-check that they don't have any supplemental stuff (I'm pretty sure at least one of them does). After I do the supplements and the Common-App-Double-Check, I can just click "submit" and it'll go (though we might have to pay something for some of the schools). Anyway, this just leaves two applications to fill out (and, unfortunately, five essays to write between them; however, I have already done one that will apply to both of them. Huzzah!).

And also, I have almost succeeded in knitting a fingerless glove to the knuckles without messing anything up or making it extremely super tight around any of the finger joints or anything unfortunate like that. It's exciting. I'm somewhat proud of myself. And the one glove I'm almost done with actually looks reasonably cool as well! It's self-patterning yarn, so that makes it all cool looking, though it does give the fingers a weird look because you have to do each finger individually. This means you bind off each finger and then tie the yarn again at the base of the next finger, so the pattern goes on but it looks kind of weird because the colors of the fingers are idiosynchratic with the colors of the base of the fingers. But whatever. It still looks cool.

Anyhow, I will have to go to breakfast soon.

Oh, BY THE WAY, for all of you who live in the area who need warmth-inducing clothing for this exceedingly early snow we have just had, let me know. I can and will knit you something if you ask me to.

Yeah, I have to go eat now. And maybe finish that glove. And maybe work on that commission that I am nearly done with and stuff... HUZZAH FOR GETTING PAID!

YAY FOR HALLOWEEN!

Happy early Halloween and super-early NaNoWriMo awesomeness wishes! I do not know about you, but I am EXTREMELY excited to walk around dressed in costume and demanding candy from my neighbors, and then to use the candy as sustenance for writing a novel in a month. It's going to be supremely epic. That is, it WILL be supremely epic, if either of my trick-or-treat buddies decide to message me back to make sure we're actually going... Whatever.

See you later!

No comments: