Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Post Number Whatever This Is

I need to start thinking of actual stuff to post about, aside from stuff relating to how hungry I am (which is boring), how I have a terrifyingly small amount of homework tonight (I didn't think it was possible, but it is, and that's boring too), and how I'm really pumped for NaNoWriMo (because, although I am, it's been way too rehashed).
Anyway, onto a (relatively) new topic. College applications. I'm quite sure that I'm going to actually pull of something resembling completion of at least one college application in the near future. Huzzah! And I do have to finish the common app, which is going to knock out two (maybe three) applications when I finish it. Huzzah!
I'm planning on being finished with all of the applications that are due before January by the end of October. Yes, I know, it's ridiculous to be finishing college applications in October, but it'll probably give me lower stress in January and February, and will let me not freak out about college applications during November.
Yes, I AM planning my life around NaNoWriMo, in case you were wondering, or didn't think so, or something.
Or, at least, I'm planning anything that involves me between November 1st and December 3rd (so I can have a few sanity days before returning to the World of the Normal Student) around NaNoWriMo. Which is, for all intents and purposes, essentially like planning my life around NaNoWriMo. Wait... that's because it is...
Well, it's also planning my life around NaNo, because I'm getting college applications in earlier than the November/ December deadlines (for some schools, anyway), which will affect where I get in, which will affect where I choose to go, which will affect what major I end up choosing, which will affect my education, which will affect what I do for the rest of my life, which will... yeah. I'm essentially planning my life around writing a novel during the month of November.
And the weird thing is (maybe scary thing as well?), I am only realizing that I am essentially affecting my entire future by clearing any deadlines that do not directly pertain to something I have to do for school, for the entire month of November... now. Yeah. EEK!
Well, it isn't like I was not planning on applying early to some schools anyway.
Anyhow, enough about college. And National Novel Writing Month.
Wait... that leaves me absolutely nothing to post about. BOO!
Okay, not absolutely nothing. I can still rant about school, but there is very little to rant about. I have very little homework, and I've already ranted about college. 'Nuff said.
And life is school right now, so there's nothing to rant about in that regard.
Except that my ankle is being stupid for some unknown (though probably exercise-related) reason, and that a jacket that I really like is MIA at school as of today. It's probably in the chorus room. Or the conference room, where I might have left it when I went for a college-essay-editing session. But if I left it in the cafeteria, it's gone for good. Not only is it highly unlikely that I'll ever find it again if I left it in the cafeteria, but if I DO find it again, it'll probably be really dirty and have herpes on it or something. Even if I did leave it in the conference room and someone put it in the lost and found in the cafeteria, it'll still wind up absolutely gross and potentially infected with some disease that no hard-core washing machine will be able to fix. Which will really suck. I like that jacket.
So I'm really hoping that it is in the chorus room, since I might have reasonable cause to be scared to go near it if it wound up in any other location.
Anyhow, I'm supremely pumped for conservatory today. We have it after school, and the last two weeks have been hilariously awesome and awesomely hilarious and hilarious and awesome and other relevant adjectives. And therefore, I'm extremely excited.
However, I am also really hungry, because my friends stole all my goldfish at lunch today, so I have nothing to eat, which means I'll be walking home in a state of cold, hungry, irate grossness in about three hours' time. Unless someone in conservatory has food that they are willing to give me. Which isn't likely, but still.
Anyhow, I have run out of sufficiently entertaining topics to post about. Um... YAY CONSERVATORY!
And... um... food is nice. Unfortunately, I don't have my wallet with me, and even if I did, I don't think I have time to walk to some food-providing place and back in time for class.
Anyway, in other news (for the sake of you being forewarned, in case I actually wind up following through with this), I may or may not post something of a literary nature in the near future.
Speaking of writing (and I SWEAR this will be the last NaNo thing before November), I'll be repeating what I did last year during National Novel Writing Month: daily updates of where I am/ where I need to be/ word counts, etc. But that's in November. And I've run out of every possibly interesting topic I could potentially write about, so I'm going to go now.

No comments: