Day:1
Current Page: 3
Target Page: 8
Words (about): 500
Target: 2000
Point In Story: exposition
Yeah, I am not that far in. I am at the START of page three, so that is why I only have around 500 words. And since I am only on page three, my exposition is still in progress. There was a page break at the end of page one to finish the prologue; chapter one began on page two. Right now... all I am talking about is how Romeo is walking home from the last day of school and getting ready to go to Shakespeare camp, and she is saying what is in her backpack. The stuff in her backpack turns out to be rather important - she teaches Demetrius sonnets from "Romeo and Juliet," she pokes people with her knitting, and she uses the pen and notebook to create soldiers to beat up Iago. I am not sure why or how she is going to use her copies of "Othello," "Midsummer Night's Dream," and "Much Ado About Nothing," or how she is going to use the roll of awesomely patterned duct tape. I do not know what the pattern is, but I know for sure (because I already said) that it is awesome. But that is what the rest of the novel is for! Finding out why a female character who is named after an emotional Shakespearean guy who overreacts to everything is carrying around a roll of awesomely patterned duct tape, and finding out what the pattern is on that awesomely patterned duct tape. I am quite certain they do NOT have duct tape in Mercanova, so I am going to have to figure out a use for that. And also how to find out how to make her lose her phone and her iPod, since they would interfere with the plot (if she dropped them in Mercanova, someone would for sure pick them up and use them and the whole plot would die because someone could get in contact with them). And also how to get a small-but-lethal knife into her backpack as well. As well as some clean underpants.
Anyway. Details.
BACK TO WRITING! FAREWELL!!!
I will most likely post later. When I have more words. And more details. And hopefully a pattern on that awesomely patterned roll of duct tape.
And a function for all of her Shakespearean plays.
I hope to meet Demetrius by the end of today. I plan to at least get Romeo into Mercanova by the end of today. I do not know whether she will meet Demetrius by page eight or not, but whatever. I have the rest of the month to figure that out.
Okay, time to go see whether my chorus teacher has returned, and to go to class and sing if he has. If he has not, TIME TO WRITE SOME MORE! (and, ya know, do homework, and stuff). Yeah. Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment