Current Page: 7
Page to End On: 8
Approximate Word Count: 2100
Place in Story: Romeo Bright, Word Warrior Type Person, Age Seventeen, Princess of Mercanova, Second in Line to the Throne, has landed in Mercanova after being threatened by a pair of gargoyles who had eaten (not entirely) her parents.
Unexpected Plot Addition: Iago for sure knows that Romeo Bright, Word Warrior Type Person, Age Seventeen, Princess of Mercanova, Second in Line to the Throne, is in Mercanova, because the gargoyles told him.
Yeah. Originally I had assassins kill Romeo's parents and chase her through the door under the stairs into a portal into Mercanova, but I like the gargoyles better. Gargoyles are more fun. These are stupid, but they're also fun.
And I added in a chapter of them reporting back to Iago about how Romeo's around, because Iago has to know. But it's a good scene, so far. And I like it.
I've decided that I'm going to do a jumping first person telling of the story - every chapter or two (or maybe three, when it gets to the bit when Romeo Saves The Day), a new narrator takes over the telling of the story. Romeo handled the prologue and chapter one; Iago is now telling chapter two. I don't know whether it'll be just Romeo and Iago, but I'll find out when I get into the rest of the story.
Yeah. So, so far, I've a villain who is EXTREMELY fun to write (he hates everything, and is the sneering, sarcastic type of bad guy, so his character voice is the sort where you can't decide whether to laugh at him or punch him in the face), and gargoyles who are stupid. I may not meet Demetrius today, but I don't know yet. I'm not past the gargoyles telling Iago that Romeo got away. Iago still has to get pissed and call for backup before I can go back to Romeo and (maybe) Demetrius and Puck and Morgan/ Belarius.
Honestly, when I started this morning, I thought Romeo's voice was really whiny and I didn't like her at ALL, but now I like her. She just got a little list-heavy in the beginning because I needed to pad my word count. It's always in the beginning where the word count padding is needed the most.
But, other than that, I think it is going reasonably well. I mean, I can't say for certain if it'll go consistently brilliantly, because I've only done two chapters and a prologue, so I'm not that far in, but if my calculations are correct, I'm way ahead of where I need to be, which is nice. The NaNo stats say that, since I've done about 2100 words, I'll be done on November 23rd if I keep this up.
However, I'm not sure whether I can actually keep this up, so whether or not I'm actually done on November 23rd remains to be seen. And I'll see what happens... eventually.
Right now, I need to go and do homework and other important educational-y stuff, and not write and see where this story goes (even though as I really, really want to).
Farewell. Until later today.
I may post later. I'm not sure yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment