Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 11: when I attempt lunatic word counts

Current Page: 64

Target Page: 95 (will get to this in a minute)

Pages Written Today: 4

Pages Left To Go: 31

Location In Story: Romeo has just knocked out about 300 orcs (she put them to sleep with her wordy awesomeness, because she can) and has now passed out from the strain.  Also, King Hamlet is speculating how he might meet his daughter, and what she might look like.  (King Hamlet is Romeo's father).

Before I get to Why I Am Writing 35 Pages In One Day, I would first like to say: THANK YOU VETERANS FOR YOUR AWESOMENESS!

Now onto the Topic of Today's Post: Why I Am Attempting To Write 35 Pages In One Day.
Well, as you all know, today is 11/11/11, the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the eleventh year of the twenty-first century.  Yes, I DID wish at 11:11 AM this morning as well, because the 11:11 wish would obviously be more potent today than on other days.

Anyhow, as it is 11/11/11, there are two potential National Novel Writing Month Challenge Options: write for 11 hours today (no WAY will I be able to do that), or write 11,111 words today. Since I can't sit still and write for 11 hours straight (not that I have tried, because I can barely do 1-2 hours, AND I am feeling lousy, so that makes me even more distractable than normal), I am trying the 11,111 word challenge.

Although I am already ahead on my word count, I want to get to a point where I can actually get to a reasonable plot development, instead of having a bunch of minor plot developments.  I need to get myself to the first Super Epic Plot Development.  If I do that, then I will for sure finish the novel in a month, because I will be fully interested in what is going on.  Because things of an important nature will be occuring.  Huzzah!

Yeah, I am not doing a lot of homework today.  I thought I would, but I am not.  I AM out of bed and dressed and showered and I have fed myself twice today, which is an accomplishment.  I have also written about 1400 words, which is also a good accomplishment.  So it is a good day in most respects.

Obviously, I am going to have to take a break from writing a TON tomorrow and Sunday because I will have procrastinated so much on homework and such, but if I make the 11,111 words today, then I will be able to afford to go easy tomorrow and Sunday.

Week three is going to be the hardest of the month, though.  That is because Week Three is the only week in November in which I do not have any additional days off of school.  Which is annoying.  Also, I do not know how far I am going to get today, and my progress today will determine a lot of my progress for week three.  I will either be forcing myself to write and only be getting like 1,000 words a day, or I will be finding every spare moment to write because I am fully interested in the novel, because things of an important nature are happening, which is exciting.

Okay, time to stop procrastinating and start getting a purple ink stain on my finger and writer's cramp in my wrist.  Farewell!

Oh, yeah.  Fall formal last night?  It was awesome.  Finally, a GOOD year.  Huzzah!  Except for my shoes.  I am still debating whether my shoes were a win or a fail - they were 3.5 inch stiletto-type shoes, and they were bright orange and slightly painful.  I enjoyed being 5'10", but my toes did not enjoy it.

Okay, really.  I am done procrastinating.

Goodbye.

No comments: