Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10: in which I am on a reasonable track and worrying about the musical

Current Page: 57

Pages Written Today: 1.5

Target Page: 61

Pages To Go: 4

Location In Story: Iago plans to send orcs after Romeo (he doesn't know that Demetrius and Puck are alive and he doesn't know that Belarius is with them). He intends for the orcs to take Romeo by force and then bring her back to the palace; he plans on torturing her and then tempting her to come to the dark side (maybe he'll bribe her with cookies); if she refuses, she dies. He's sent out the orcs, and now he's just waiting for them to come back. Romeo's father, Hamlet (who's NOT, emotionally unstable, nor is Ophelia), isn't happy about both the torturing and potential death thing, AND the fact that none of Romeo's family will be able to see her or meet her before she's subjected to things of an extremely unpleasant nature. Now, BACK TO DEMETRIUS AND ROMEO AND PUCK AND MORGAN/ BELARIUS! (that's the bit that I haven't written yet). Also, Demetrius and Romeo... they aren't exactly friends, and they haven't bonded at ALL, but they've reached a truce. And they both agree to honor the truce. Which is a very good thing, I guess. Once Romeo gets more control over her words, they will be doing that sort of argue/ banter type of thing that some people do when they may or may not be flirting (or are masking their flirting by arguing, or are arguing because they don't think they are flirting because they don't like the other person. It's the third one that Romeo and Demetrius will be doing when I get to that bit).

I think I'm reasonably on track for my personal word count. I only have about 1200 more words to go until I hit my personal daily word count, which is exciting. I should be writing right now, because fall formal is tonight, but I can write during my third free block today. Besides, the dance starts really late tonight, so I can write some this afternoon as well, since today is basically a Friday, since there's no school tomorrow.

Anyway, in other news, cast lists for the musical have NOT gone up yet, which is annoying me very much. The director said they'll be posted next block, but the chorus room is in the basement, and for the next two blocks after this I have classes on the third floor, so I can't go down in between classes because then I'll be late to class (both of which are AP and, although an AP grade is weighted, I don't want to flub more than I have to on them), and neither of the next two teachers I have are the sort of teachers who condone lateness. This means I have to wait until 3:15 at the earliest before I can see what part I got (or if I even got a part, or whether I'm in the ensemble or whether I'm one of those nameless ninjas who plays all of the important supporting people who nevertheless has all of zero lines, like I was last year). I wouldn't mind being one of those nameless ninjas who do everything, but I want to know whether I'm actually a ninjas or whether I am someone important. Or whether I'm someone unimportant. All of the above are very viable options.

I just really want to know.

GAAH!!!

As you can tell, I'm very bad at handling suspense. Especially when it's something that I actually think I did well on. In theory (and mostly in fact), that's always the case - I thought I did well on it, and I want to know whether the people who were supposed to be judging me think so. I don't care about how much everyone else is judging me, but if I disappoint the directors, then I'm screwed. Which is not fun.

And I'm getting myself to the point where I am too nervous to write well.

Despite the fact that writing well is not a criteria for succeeding in NaNoWriMo.

There's a difference between writing well and writing coherently. Writing well means that you understand it and it sounds cool. Writing coherently means you can understand it. Right now, I can't do either.

I think I did well on the call back, but what I've noticed is that I'm the sort of person who is an infallible optimist. I hope for the best, and I think I did well, but then it turns out that I didn't do well at ALL (or at least not as well as I thought I did), and then I'm all annoyed and disappointed. Which is really depressing. Literally.

Okay, I am going to sign off now. Hopefully I got a good part. And hopefully there will be something for me to kick if I am not entirely happy with my part.

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: