Current Page: 51
Target Page: 55
Pages Written Today: About 1
Pages Until Completion: 4
Location In Story: Demetrius + Romeo = friends? No, I don't know, either. I haven't written that part. (I'm about to, however, and it something that I should be doing sooner rather than later, so I can pad my word count for today). Also, Puck + Morgan = love? Not sure about that either. In the train of thought that is commonly maintained by people of a creepy nature, Puck and Morgan are in each other's trousers right now. However, I control the pen, which means they're not getting into each other's trousers until I say they're getting into each other's trousers. (I don't even know whether they're ACTUALLY going to get together or whether it's just me and the creepers having wishful thinking. That also remains to be seen, along with the whole relationship with Romeo and Demetrius. Oh, speculation. Thou annoyest me greatly. Grr.)
Anyhoo, I need to stop blogging and start writing, like, NOW. I KNOW that I am ahead of the necessary daily word count, but I am not of the necessary ME word count (read: I want to be able to type during Thanksgiving break, so I need to be writing the rest of the story pronto. AKA now).
But the one thing that has been holding me back and messing me up is the fact that I had a day off yesterday and I have another one off on Friday. It is completely throwing me off because I have school, and then I do not, and then I do again, and then I do not, and then I do! GAAAHHH! Theoretically, the spare time is brilliant for writing, but I am such a world-class procrastinator (like I am *ahem* not doing now) that it has been hitherto completely lost on me (also, homework has been hitherto lost on me. I am vacillating between comprehension and insanity when it comes to calculus).
Another thing: fall formal is tomorrow. I am the only one of my group of close friends group who is going to fall formal. This is rather depressing. I, unlike many of my friends, actually reasonably ENJOY these things. Sometimes, though, I wish I was not the only one, even (maybe even 'especially') since it is the last year that I can go to fall formal - so why not go?
Whatever. If worst comes to worst, I will make myself find a way to shove my National Novel Writing Mont journal into my bag before I leave (a feat that is doubtless going to prove difficult, as the bag is miniscule and the journal is a regular-sized composition book), but I hope that will not have to happen. Mostly because I cannot write with loud music pumping into my head from all sides. But maybe I can send the characters to a high school dance or something, and then things would fit perfectly in the situation. WOOHOO! (okay, that is not going to happen. First of all, Romeo would rather physically punch Demetrius in the face than let him see her in a dress at this point in time. Second of all, everyone except Romeo would be freaked out by the manner of dancing exhibited at school dances, at least the ones at the school I go to).
Also, I had callbacks today for the musical. I think I did reasonably well, except my accent was horrible. It barely existed. But, all in all, I think I performed well. I could have had more character when I was reading for Ado Annie, but the decision is no longer in my hands; I will be perfectly fine with doing ensemble. Okay, I will be SORT of pissed if I get ensemble, since I got this far in the audition process and I liked how I performed, generally. But I will have to deal with it if I get ensemble, because that is the way life is. Even if life sucks, life still has to go on.
Right. On to writing!
(and, thankfully, not calculus homework today. I do not have to go to another calculus again until Monday (hallelujah!), though I DO plan on doing my homework on Friday. Really.)
Right. Time to go forth and conjure characters from places hitherto unknown by me!
Correction: make the characters do stuff that is hitherto unspecified, since they have already deviated enough in past nine days that I cannot afford to force them back on track now.
No comments:
Post a Comment