Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 14: Musical Madness

Start Page: 79

Current Page: 82

End Page: 85

Pages Written Today: 3

Pages Left To Go: 3

Location In Story: Romeo has caught the first glimpse of her father. Morgan basically pulled up a magical Skype session to check in with the king (he was acting on Royal Orders), and Romeo, who was thinking about 'Cymbeline' the night before (there's a character in 'Cymbeline' who goes by Morgan, but whose real name is Belarius, and he's a banished lord who doesn't like the king and has 'adopted' the King's oldest twins), thought he might be up to something and decided to follow him into the woods when she saw him leaving their clearing to go and do something (she had fallen into a doze by the fire ring, but she had not really fallen asleep because she'd gotten around 20 hours of sleep in the previous 40 hours, so she was reasonably awake when she saw him leave). He was only checking in with the King, however. And Morgan IS really Belarius in this novel, but Morgan/ Belarius IS well-intentioned and King Hamlet DID send him to look after Romeo and Demetrius and Puck, and Morgan/ Belarius DID volunteer, so there's no motivation for anger on his part. Romeo didn't actually get to speak to her father, because she didn't want to incur Morgan/ Belarius's wrath by randomly showing up from behind a bush when it was only like an hour past dawn and when he was trying to be secretive in his initiatives to go have a magical Skype session with the king.

So that's where I am. My plot has gone out the window, in other words. Right now, Romeo and Demetrius and Puck and Morgan should probably be storming the castle for the first time, but they won't even START combat training for another thousand words or so. Also, Romeo was not supposed to know Morgan's real name until they stormed the castle, but now she knows, and she's forbidden from telling the other two about it.

I just hope I'll get to SOMETHING significant by the end of the week. Right now, I have so ridiculously little plot initiative, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, TOPIC CHANGE! Onto discussion of the musical, "Oklahoma."

The first musical rehearsal was today, and I didn't get a ton of homework and writing done beforehand (I still have some calculus (which has stopped making sense) to do and I have to read some of "Othello" and I have to write three more pages for NaNo), so I still have around an hour of homework to do. Actually, more like an hour and a half. Maybe two hours. I'm not sure.

Apparently, my character in the musical is made up. That's right, I don't actually exist. I am, according to the director (along with some other kids whose characters were NOT made up), part of the AP ensemble. This means that I get to sing and dance with six other people (including the female lead) in ONE song, and then I'm part of the crowd scene in the rest of the show. I have all of ONE line, and since my name is not mentioned, it's just a line for a character labeled "Girl."

So that is what is up with the musical.

Okay, I have to go now. I must go forth and further my plot and write my novel and do my calculus and read about Othello and how Iago is a complete jerk to him because Iago's a really jealous type of dude. I shall not return until I've done something of and extremely productive nature.

Farewell.

No comments: