Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15: the return of plot!

Current Page: 88

Start Page: 85

Target Page: 91

Pages Written Today: 3

Pages Left To Go: 3

Location In Story: It's the Eve of the First Time They Go Into The Castle To Do Things Of An Important Nature. I've decided that the reason they are infiltrating (or whatever it is they're doing; I don't know whether it's as cool as infiltrating, but they're only four in number, so they're not storming the castle... what do you call this, anyway?) is to find and rescue Prince Sebastian and Princess Hero. And bring them out of the castle and have them help Romeo and Demetrius and Puck and Morgan/ Belarius to complete whatever it is they need to be doing (here meaning overthrowing Iago and saving Mercanova and restoring the rightful king to power and thus fulfilling the Prophecy. Also, getting Romeo her sword). I don't know WHY they are doing a rescue mission first, but they are doing the rescue mission.

So that's where I am. Huzzah!

This juncture in the novel signifies the Return of the Plot, which was hitherto absent. Now it's returned, and it's being cherished and appreciated, because I've greatly missed having a direction in the novel. Now I have a direction within the novel, and I'm happy.

Of course, the whole Palace Invasion Mission will go horribly awry and Morgan/ Belarius will get captured and nobody gets saved, but they don't know that yet. If they knew, wouldn't bother going into Elsinore in the first place.

But, since they don't know that stuff of an annoying, horrible, dramatic, and potentially destructive nature are going to happen, FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Of course, Romeo, Demetrius, Puck, and Morgan are all very nervous about this whole infiltration/ invasion/ raid/ rescue mission/ whatever it is, but none of them are going to admit it. I want to give the scene its dues, so I'm not going to write it until after Conservatory.

Instead, during the rest of my free afternoon, I'm going to read "Othello" and look up some stuff for Conservatory and maybe get a new monologue (I have to make sure that the one I'm using for my comedic monologue for my VCU audition is actually legal under the stipulations). I have several stock monologues that I can use for a variety of situations, but only one of them might work for the situation at hand.

So, until another time, farewell. I must go and perform things of an academic and required nature.

And also write a scene in which things of an annoying, horrible, dramatic, and potentially destructive nature (aka failure) may or may not occur.

But first, I must read about a jealous and manipulative bad guy who shares the name of my NaNoWriMo villain, and I must locate monologues that I'm absolutely certain that I can use whilst auditioning for colleges for the performing arts (and other things of an artsy nature).

Farewell.

No comments: