Start Page: 89
Current Page: 92
Pages Written Today: 3
Target Page: 97
Pages Left To Go: 5
Location In Story: Demetrius is about to spring from his cover and start soliloquizing to Hero, who, despite the fact that it's DAWN and she should be ASLEEP rather than staying up and WAITING for them to come (even though she knew they were coming to save her; Belarius told Hamlet via MagicSkype), is waiting for Demetrius and Romeo and Puck and Belarius on her balcony. She's doing nothing of consequence on said balcony, except for standing there and looking pretty. And maybe saying a bit of a sonnet or two, for good measure.
To be quite honest, I thought this time would come a LONG time ago (on maybe Day 7 or 8), but I'm quite glad that I've had the time to pad my word count, because I don't think the story would last for 50,000 words if I hadn't had the time to establish the characters and add some Chekhov's Guns that I did not know existed in the story (for all of you who do not know what a Chekhov's Gun is... it's that cliche of EVERYTHING that if you mention a weapon in the beginning of something, someone will die because of it at the end. If a knife is shown in Act 1, someone will die in Act 2 or 3. If there's a gun hanging on the wall in Act 1, someone will fire it in Act 2 or 3. It also applies to offhand statements, notation of the little details, and other things of a seemingly inconsequential nature; all of these will come back and bite you. In the world of literature, nothing is ever unimportant). So that's all good.
Now I'm just procrastinating on going back to studying. I do NOT have to do calculus homework today, which is VERY exciting. I wasn't looking forward to doing MORE mind-numbing equations. It started to make sense last week, but then this week came along and the teacher introduced the chain rule, and now everything's confusing again. I'm starting to make sense of it once more, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong and that something will be introduced on Friday or Monday that will throw me off. Whatever that source of confusion might be, I can guarantee that I'm not looking forward to it.
In other news, rehearsals have begun for the musical. I have all of ONE LINE and ONE SOLO!!! WOOHOO!!! Sadly, I'm not playing one of those awesome multi-cast musical ninjas who can do anything and makes everyone else look good, but this is the next best thing. Sadly, a musical like "Oklahoma!" is not the sort of musical that takes kindly to ninjas, multi-cast and musical or not. "Guys and Dolls" needed a few ninjas, but "Oklahoma!" isn't a very ninja-friendly musical, since it's set primarily in one area among one group of people (as opposed to "Guys and Dolls," which has Cubans, gangsters, New Yorkers, Hot Box Girls, and Missionaries).
So that's what's happening right now. Nothing of significant consequence.
Except my voice is dying from yelling over the music during Fall Formal on Thursday. I was horrible on Friday and I improved on Saturday and Sunday, but Monday I started to sing again, which utterly killed my voice. Now I'm trying to keep hydrated and eat lots of oranges.
Now I must return to the darkness that is studying for government and vocabulary tests and writing about how Demetrius thinks he's Romeo Montague. And do laundry.
I am excited.
But not for vocab.
Or government.
I cannot tell you how supremely pumped I am to write this scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment