Start Page: 123
Current Page: 128
Target Page: 127
Pages Written Today: 5
Pages Until Quota Is Met: -1
Location In Story: Romeo has the Super Awesome Sword of Heroes (which is supremely awesome and gets delivered by a supermassive hawk/ raven/ eagle/ crow bird thing); Demetrius has just left. Puck and the bird know about this; Romeo isn't going to regain consciousness until he's well away from the clearing (so she can't come after him and murder him).
Surprise of the Day: the sword entered the picture a lot earlier than I thought it would, but that is OKAY! I'm pretty sure the thing is entitled to show up whenever wants. I hadn't really had a set plan for its entry, just after everyone but Romeo and Sebastian are either in the Royal Apartments or in the Dungeons. Also, I didn't know that the sword got a really big, immortal bird just for the sake of delivering it to the right person. That kind of makes the sword really, really important, if it gets an immortal delivery bird along with it. Also, Puck came out to Demetrius as being gay (GO PUCK!), and Demetrius told Puck that he was leaving (originally, Demetrius was ging to leave in the dead of night with nothing but a note left to tell Romeo and Puck where he is). If any of you ever doubted that literary characters write their own story and my pen is just a means to do that, now's the time to stop thinking that and move on to more important things.
Anyway, moving on.
The ink stain on my ring finger is getting darker; I think it will soon become an ink tattoo, which is exciting. Not only does that mean that I'll have a tattoo (at least for a while), it means that I'm making progress, which is always fun. Well, at least it is MOST of the time. Sometimes making progress just sucks.
Anyway, at my current situation, I'm thinking that maybe 50,000 words isn't enough to tell the story of Romeo, Demetrius, Puck, Belarius, Iago, Sebastian, Hero, Hamlet, Hecate, Ipsratch, Chargoth (though they haven't shown up for around ten chapters), maybe Ophelia, maybe Emilia, and maybe Imogen (yes, I know she's dead, but she may not actually be DEAD, just ALMOST dead).
Why?
Well, let's start with the fact that I'm at approximately 42,500 words, and I'm nowhere near the climax. Actually, I'm SORT of near the climax, but I think I need around 10,000 words (maybe a little less) to get there. And that's without the climax and the resolution.
There's also the possiblity that my words-per-page average is a LOT more than 332, which would mean that I COULD already be above 50,000 and not realize it (though I don't want to push my luck on this; I'm sticking with 332 until I type it up and verify what it is).
So, once again, I face the threatening possiblity that I won't actually finish my novel this year. I'll hit the word count - there's no doubt about that - but I don't know whether it's enough to tell the story.
Well, I'm not going to shut up about the story, and the story isn't going to shut itself up until it gets finished. I know that much.
Well, that being said, I am OFF to go and write a novel.
Goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment