Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 22: GO AWAY I'M WRITING.

Start Page: 130

Current Page: 131

End Page: 133

Pages Written Today: 1

Pages Left To Go: 2

Location In Story: Demetrius has left; Romeo is annoyed; she and Puck are about to work on her training with the supremely awesome sword that she gets for being a Prophesied Hero and stuff (the one with the supermassive bird).

Surprise of the Day: Don't know that. Come back later.


Yeah. Not much to report from whence last I posted. I know I'm way ahead of my necessary word count, but I don't want to slack off now. I CAN'T slack off now. This is the time when stuff is about to get good. Now's the time when people have to go after other people and kill the villains and save the day and feel bad about hard choices and fall in love and meet the right person and stuff.

So, yes, I'm procrastinating, even though I shouldn't. I'm trying to decide whether I should start typing now or hand write now and type it all up in December. I can see the merit in both options; however, I want the story to go on. After all, a supremely large part of NaNoWriMo is to NOT EDIT AS YOU GO, which I kind of do anyway. Yeah, I'm lame.

Anyhow, I need to go write. Or type. Or relieve a moment of tension. Or update my word count. Or procrastinate in the forums. Or continue blogging.

Yeah, even though I have four hours of free blocks today, I don't know whether I am actually going to get any writing done. I want to get writing done. I NEED TO GET WRITING DONE. But WILL I get writing done? Hmmmm...

I'm also trying this exercise along with NaNoWriMo. It's to not edit as you go, or go back and edit soon after something's been written. I'm going to try it with all the rest of my NaNo posts (kind of late to stop editing this now). So all the things that you will see on the blog that aren't as they should be... I'm sorry. I'm going to try to kick my Inner Editor in the butt one last time (or at least I'll try to). He needs to get off my back. I'm thinking about this way too much.

Sooo BACK TO THE NON-EDITY WRITING! WOOHOO!!!

Before I go, one thing: if you know me in person and you see me over Thanksgiving break (which starts this afternoon) and I don't have my notebook with me and I'm not writing, I'm just walking around and doing stuff that normal people do, feel free to come over and smack me upside the head (okay, maybe not actually smack me, but you get the idea) and order me to get back on track. This is crunch time, people. I need motivation.

Also, for all of you who want to read the novel when it's done, I apologize if it takes me forever to get it typed up and emailed out. And I apologize if it never comes; it doesn't mean I don't love you. It means I don't know who you are or that you wanted to read my novel.

If I don't know you in person, then I'm sorry, but you'll have to read it if and when it gets published. Which won't be anytime soon. But you'll know it when it's awesome-er than it is now, so think of that before you kick my butt over my not letting you see it.

But if I know you in person and you want to read it, email me.

No comments: