Start Page: 147 (very bottom)
Current Page: 151
Target Page: well....
Location In Story: Romeo is arguing with Iago/ messing with his head (not really), and Iago is freaking out about impending visits and other annoying things.
Surprise of the Day: Romeo can mess with Iago's head. They also met a lot earlier than I expected. Also, the Tyrant (this evil overlord guy who keeps all of the other evil guys in line) is coming to visit Elsinore, and Iago is freaking out about it.
Awesome News Of The Day: I am DONE with the official NaNoWriMo challenge! I hit 50,132 today - about half an hour ago, in fact. Huzzah!
Annoying News Of The Day: I am not done with the novel. BOO!
I would hazard a guess to say that I'm about 10,000 - 20,000 words away from the ending, but I can't be sure until I actually hit the ending. I'm not sure I'm going to pull off the ending or even pull off GETTING to the ending; I'm not sure I'm even going to get beyond my current word count. I'm not even sure I'm ACTUALLY at 50,132. My handwriting (and my word-counting ability) is very bad, and my writing is very tiny. Either way, I'm going to Lorem Ipsum tomorrow and validating whatever words I have. I might hold off validating until November 30th, but I don't know yet. Tomorrow is the earliest I can validate; November 30th at 11:59:59 is the latest I can do it. But more on that later, when it actually becomes Novel Validating Crunch Time. Either way, I'm well above the word count necessary (I'm counting 132 words as "well above the word count necessary").
At any rate, I am DONE with the necessary word count. However, I am not DONE with the novel. This means that I'm going to be ensuring the permanence of this Ink Tattoo on my finger (it actually hasn't survived a shower yet. This is depressing), and I'm going to be writing to the very end of the journal.
Like last year, I'm not going to know EXACTLY how many words I've written until I type the novel up, but I'm kind of hoping that, unlike last year, the novel does not remain untyped for a year.
Maybe next year I WILL type the whole thing.
Whatever. I'll deal with that when next year comes.
Anyway, in other news, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I am thankful for my awesome friends and family and the fact that I was able to hit 50,000 words today. Huzzah!
Right. I have to go and clean my room now. And maybe sneak in some more words before my friend and her family come for dinner.
Farewell!
No comments:
Post a Comment