Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 25: Wins, winds, and writing

Start Page: 151

Current Page: 151 (no, I haven't written at all)

Target Page: 160-ish?

Location In Story: Romeo is messing with Iago. Still. I haven't budged since last I posted.

Surprise of the Day: see "location In Story".


Yeah. I haven't written today, though I DO plan on it. I can't NOT write today.

But I'm not getting to that now. Why? I'm still too pumped. I just got my first college acceptance letter (okay, I opened it an hour ago), and it was EXCITING! I got in to my 1.5 choice of the ones I'm likely to get into (I'm not likely to get into William and Mary, but if I do, that will be awesome), and it's close to top, but it depends on whether I get into my #1 of the ones I'm likely to get into. Either way, the letter resulted in a scream and a very bad happy dance.

Unfortunately (almost ironically), I am now in too good a mood to write anything depressing, and it is too nice a day outside to write anything depressing and dark and motivated, and that is the bit I have to write: quite a few pages of something not-exactly-fun. I'm kind of annoyed, but then I remember that I actually got into college! WOOHOO!!!! If I don't get in anywhere else, I will be EXTREMELY happy to go to this school. I will be quite willing to go to this school even if I DO get in other places. At least I got in somewhere I liked! That's a WAY plus!

Okay, I'm off. I need to go drop off some library books and write some annoying stuff of an annoying, depressing, not-exactly-happy nature. I may or may not post later.

If I don't, I will post tomorrow.

Farewell.

Oh, yeah. Also, I validated my novel using Lorem Ipsum today. It was exciting. I got a winner's certificate and a video of all the OLL (office of Letters and Light, which runs NaNoWriMo) cheering and stuff. The cool publishing stuff (yes, free publishing services are part of what you get for winning) doesn't come for another ten days - it's a certain code that you can put into the website of the publishing thing and get free services for six months or something.

Though my novel is currently incomplete, I validated anyway.

Yes, today is a good day.

A very good day.

And I am going to go write and stuff now.

Farewell.

No comments: