Start Page: 156
Current Page: 161
Target Page: 170
Pages Written Today: 5
Pages Left To Go: 9
Location In Story: Romeo and Sebastian are going to a pub (called the Orange Curtain, I don't know why) to start a revolution with the help of Jack Cade (props if you get the reference to Richard II or III, I don't remember which), and maybe Emilia, Ophelia, and Imogen (even though Imogen is dead, Emilia is MIA, and Ophelia is missing presumed dead).
Surprise of the day: there is a nice gate keeper and there is a pub in the capital of Mercanova (a city which may not have a name) called the Orange Curtain. I was considering making the curtains blue, but then I didn't.
I'm kind of annoyed right now, though. I'm VERY close to the end of the novel; I can feel the climax waiting to occur. But I can't seem to get there fast enough. There's the whole potential Ophelia sucicide to work out, and the Tyrant (this evil overlord guy) is coming into town as well. Though I can deal with figuring out a come-from-behind victory for the Prophecied and Friends (including Romeo, Demetrius, Puck, Belarius, Hamlet, Sebastian, and Jack Cade, with the additional help of Jourdain the Dragon and possibly the aid of Imogen, Ophelia, and Emilia, and a crew of pirates and a tribe of faeries) against Iago and the Tyrant, I don't know WHEN this revolution is slated to occur. And it's bugging me to no end.
Why?
Think of it this way.
It's nearing the Holiday That You Celebrate. You cannot WAIT for this holiday, and you cannot WAIT to open presents and give presents to people and spread Holday Cheer and all things wonderful and awesome. But first, you have to decide what to do/ give/ make for everybody, and help your dad decorate for the holiday (especially if he tends to get very excited about putting up holiday decorations), and do all your homework,make sure that a million other things are completely over with before you can actually chill in the knowledge that your Winter Holiday is Nigh and all that stress can go die.
Well, think about adding in several extra people that you feel obligated to give gifts to even though you didn't think you were going to have to give gifts to them, and learning that your dad bought about a zillion extra lights for you to put up this year, and that you want to deal with all those gifts you're behind on, except you can't because your dad is EXPECTING you to deal with the lights.
Well, the lights are my additional supblots, which keep showing up unannounced; the gifts are the extra characters, who are awesome but may not really need to actually be there; the Winter Holiday is the climax of the novel, which I'm TOTALLY excited to write if it actually decided to be assertive and come NOW. Everything is sure to explode in a big bomb of awesome once I actually get there - the subplots will resolve and twinkle all nicely and prettily and well and stuff, the new and old characters will get their dues as they do whatever it is they do best, and the Tyrant and Iago will get their totally necessary punches in the face in an awesomely well-written battle scene that will hopefully wind up as an epic battle of epicness that gets no justice except in a well-thought-out and brilliantly choreographed film sequence.
That's what I HOPE will happen, anyway.
Whether it actually occurs is another matter entirely, and is best left to the plot to get itself figured out.
Anyway, in other news, I had a write-in with a friend today. Though I am way ahead, she is way behind, and did succeed in adding around 2,000 words to her novel in the three and a half hours we were writing (HUZZAH!). I added about six pages to my novel, which was awesome as well. HUZZAH! My plot hasn't advanced much, but it's advanced, which is EXCITING!
I'm going off to go write and stuff now.
Huzzah!
No comments:
Post a Comment