Start Page: 172
Current Page: 173
Target Page: I really don't know anymore...
Pages Written Today: 2 (very top of 172; I was starting a new chapter)
Pages Left To Go: um...
Location In Story: going to consult the faeries of Puck's tribe in order to get some help on the epic battle of epically epic epicness. Did I mention it was going to be really epic?
Surprise of the Day: faeries are very proud and more temperamental than I thought they were. Even (especially?) Oberon and Hippolyta. And no, I'm NOT sure if I spelled her name right. But whatever.
Yeah. Romeo's about to meet with Oberon and Hyppolita about maybe possibly getting some extra numbers with which to fight the Tyrant and Iago. I don't know what they're going to say. I haven't written that part yet. But I'm pretty sure it's going to be a fun scene.
See, these faeries aren't the faeries people normally think of - they are really tall (Puck, for example, is 5'10" and he's considered a runt), and they're really proud and powerful and stuff. Though they are usually kind, they don't go out of their way to help humans; they prefer to keep to themselves. They're not violent to the humans, but they're not exceedingly nice to them, either. And if they get asked for help very, very nicely, and they like the person who's doing the asking, and they see something in it for themselves, they'll help the person asking them for aid.
I don't know how well Romeo is going to handle this. I kind of want to find out sooner rather than later, so I'm going to log off soon and go write.
But my main thing is: WHY AM I ADDING NEW CHARACTERS NOW??? This is kind of majorly bugging me. I'm about ten pages from the climax, and I have added new people. Or, faeries, rather.
Within the last two or three days, I've added more characters than I thought would be in it, and I foresee introducing at least two more in addition to Oberon and Hippolyta. Well, actually, Ophelia has already been mentioned. But Emilia will be entirely new. Actually, I've mentioned her as well, but she has never actually made a physical appearance, but Ophelia has.
A lot of people (okay, two) are supposed to be dead, but they're not. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
Noveling is such a confusing business. At least this novel is. I really hope I don't see any other chances to add in any more characters, subplots, and other things that will delay the climax. Because this is getting rather annoying.
But the climax is nigh! HUZZAH! I just have to get there. And then write it. And not introduce anyone else along the way. Because that would be ridiculously frustrating. GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
Okay, I'm going to go and write a novel and stuff now. If I don't die from suspense and waiting and trying not to go insane from not being allowed to write the climax.
See, I can't just skip there already. I have to wait to see what the faeries say about the proposal to help Romeo and Company. See, the entire outcome of the climax may depend on the presence of the faeries and the pirate crew that Puck and Imogen were a part of. And maybe the crew that Jack was a part of as well. I don't really know. But Romeo is dealing with the faeries, and I have to know whether they are in before I go on to writing the climax, because I need to know who's in the fight and the fight's part of the climax. I can't write a scene if I don't know who's in it, so I can't skip ahead. Even though I really, really, desperately want to.
Okay, going to write stuff now.
Goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment