Start Page: 178
Current Page: 178
Target Page: No Longer Exists
Pages Written Today: 0 (not even ONE WORD. SADNESS!)
Pages Left To Go: No Longer With A Target...
Location In Story: Belarius is about to learn that everyone is basically screwed unless Oberon and Hippolyta agree to help.
Surprise of the Day: that would require writing...
Yeah. I haven't written today. Very depressing, I know. I kind of hate it. I'm going to have to memorize an Iago monologue or two (okay, it's technically two, because Roderigo says some stuff in between, but I've deleted Roderigo and making it one monologue) before I can do some Writing Of The Novel.
I'm still kind of in shock that it's almost December. Actually, I'm not in shock; that would involve coming to terms with the fact that it's November 30th and I'm not going to be able to write anything at all for at least another hour because I'll be studying Shakespeare's villain's monologue (and my own villain's monologue, technically, too. Sadly, my Iago is not that heartbreakingly good of a liar). I somehow managed to choose the monologue, without realizing it at the time (since I hadn't done a translation of the Shakespearean yet), where Iago specifically likens himself to things of a Supremely Evil Nature in the fact that he's going to BE a being of a Supremely Evil Nature. Not that he isn't already.
The lines are these:
"When devils will the blackest sins put on
They do suggest at first with heavenly shows
As I do now:..."
It means, for all ye Shakespearean Illiterates, that devils commit sins against humans, and when they're going to do their worst sins/ tricks/ what-have-you (the 'blackest sins'), they first pretend like they're doing everybody a favor and being awesome to everyone (the 'heavenly shows'). As such, Iago's going to pretend that he's doing a favor to Othello, but really he's kind of winding up getting Othello's lieutenant disgraced (and maybe killed? I don't remember), getting Roderigo killed, confusing everybody, disgracing Desdemona, and driving Othello to kill his own wife. Also, Iago kills Emilia. What kind of husband kills his own wife? I mean really. Okay, Othello was tricked into doing it by a sociopath who wanted to get into Desdemona's trousers and thought Emilia was cheating on him for no real reason. And, okay, Iago is a sociopath and she DID sell him out at the end, but still. I LIKED Emilia. Emilia's really cool.
To get back at Othello's Iago, I'm bringing back Romeo's Emilia and having her kick Romeo's Iago's butt.
That made no sense out of context. Oh, whatever. I have a monologue to memorize and a novel to write. I'll explain this all later when it actually makes sense to me and to everyone else.
Perhaps when the novel is done. And when I'm done with this monologue.
No comments:
Post a Comment