Current Page: 27
Target Page: a page that is farther along than page 27
Location In Story: Puck is officially gay. HUZZAH! Apparently, he used to have a female BFF who died about a week prior to Puck meeting Romeo (she was a lesbian, so there was no potential romance there), and Romeo reminds him a lot of Imogen. Imogen apparently had a knife that's exactly like the one Romeo found tied to her belt when she landed on Mercanova. This whole knife thing is very strange to Romeo, to Puck, and to me. I'm about 8100 words in, and my characters have not officially formed a group and I know more about Puck than I do about Romeo. This isn't a good thing. Moreover, Romeo hasn't had a chance to use any more Shakespeare on anyone, which is sad. Not even Shakespearean compliments. Or Shakespearean statements. Or Shakespearean insults. Or Shakespearean love sonnets. Nothing at all written by, like, or about William Shakespeare has been imitated by Romeo since she ditched Demetrius. Morgan/ Belarius has not shown up at all yet, and Demetrius has not re-entered the picture (he may soon do so, however). So that's where I am.
So far, I'm not sure how my novel is going to end up, or even how it's going to go for the rest of the story. Why? Well, the main reason is that NOTHING IS GOING THE WAY I INTENDED IT.
Romeo is getting along better with Puck than she did with Demetrius (okay, this is actually not that horrible, and it's sort of planned, and it's not going to hurt anything that much), but Demetrius hasn't re-entered the picture, so he and Romeo cannot argue or fall in love or anything.
And I haven't introduced Morgan/ Belarius yet, so I cannot have him and Puck potentially have a relationship until he's introduced.
And I can't determine whether Morgan/ Belarius is gay, straight, or "above/ against having a relationship during the course of the story" until he's introduced. Which, as a matter of course, means that I probably should be going and getting the story on the road, because I'm WAY behind on my personal word count. I have about 200 more words until I reach the mandatory word count, but I'm going to have to write about 2000 more words to get to my personal word count goal, just so I can have padding for more days like this.
I had district chorus auditions today. I killed the sight reading, and I was only okay with the song. It was kind of annoying, but whatever. The thing that bugged me was that sight reading was before the song, which is the first time that has happened in the four years that I have auditioned for District Chorus.
But my suckiness didn't really bother me a WHOLE ton. I mean, it did, kind of, but I won't be horribly distracted by it later on when I actually start working on my novel today. See, I didn't really rehearse much for the audition, and I'm not expecting to get in. Part of the reason I did it at all this year was because it was mandatory for Women's Camerata. And also because I wanted to see whether I could actually get in. I'll find out the results of the audition on Monday, most likely.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah. Time to go and write a novel and such.
Farewell.
Hopefully, there will be more Shakespearean.
And more Demetrius.
And I will meet my word count.
And Morgan.
And hopefully I will figure out this whole Imogen thing.
I am not entirely sure why I called her Imogen, by the way (Puck's former BFF). I just liked the name, I guess.
Whatever.
Going now.
No comments:
Post a Comment