Current Page: 12
Target Page: 16
Pages In Between: 4
Approximate Word Count: 3340
Location In Story: Demetrius Has Arrived! Now Romeo just needs to get her guts together and... you know... go forth, INTO THE CLEARING FROM WHENCE SHE HAS JUST COME, and actually TALK to him. Like, say hi and everything.
Yeah. Romeo is turning out a lot shyer than I thought she would. I thought she'd be kind of feisty, but actually, she's the sort of person who will NOT introduce herself to people unless she's in a situation (like her Shakespeare summer camp) where she's otherwise fine with stuff. Well, to be fair, she HAS had a pretty rough morning. She came home, thought her parents were baby-making in the car but it was actually gargoyles eating them, then she hid in the closet under the stairs, and THEN she dived into this blue orb of weirdness that confiscated her phone and iPod and gave her a knife instead. THEN a reasonably attractive Han-Solo-type lands in the clearing she has just exited, even though the planet she is on is really like Endor more than Cloud City or Coresant (not sure if that is how you spell it), so she's all confused.
Yes, I AM a Star Wars nerd. Thank you for asking.
Romeo should have been a Star Wars dork. That might have made life a lot easier. Now I may never know. Though she could turn out to have Star-Wars-Dork qualities... I LIKE THIS IDEA!
But whatever. Shakespeare is awesome too.
Anyhow, she's now mustering herself to go and talk to him. She's talking herself out of her shyness by making all of these analogies to Shakespeare - he won't kill her because they're not doomed lovers like Romeo and Juliet; he won't kill her because his friends haven't talked him out of liking her like in Othello; again, like Othello, the jealous friend might not actually EXIST, and even if he DID, Romeo wouldn't be shot straight away because the guy would have to wait a while because he is making sure he can be jealous of Demetrius for Romeo's affections.
For the record, Iago in this story does NOT know Demetrius until a LOT later. Like, in one of those villain-taunting-a-hero-character-because-he's-a-meany-butt type scenes. That's the first time they meet. Maybe. I don't know. I'm not that far in yet.
Anyhow, I have to sign off and go write and do homework and other things of a productive, non-procrastinative nature. I'll post tomorrow. Most likely. Actually, YES I WILL. Because I CAN! And also because I HAVE TO!
Yeah. Okay. I'm going now.
Goodbye.
Until tomorrow.
Hopefully by then Romeo will have actually talked to Demetrius. And then my plot will no longer be stalled. It'll actually be doing something! Because they know each other now! Huzzah!
No comments:
Post a Comment