Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3: close but far

Current Page: 18

Target Page: 24

Pages In Between: 6

What People Have Been Doing: ROMEO HAS MET DEMETRIUS!  Finally!  It is about time.  Really.  Anyhow, the good thing is that they have met.  YAY!  The BAD thing is that Romeo is STILL not as bold as she is supposed to be, but there is time to fix that.  Hopefully.  Actually, NOT hopefully.  YES.  THERE IS STILL TIME TO GIVE ROMEO MORE GUTS.  I STILL HAVE 27 MORE DAYS, AND SHE STILL HAS TIME TO HAVE A CHARACTER ARC.

Oh, yeah.  And Demetrius has never heard of William Shakespeare.  And that is a problem, according to Romeo.  For me, it is just an excuse to have them hang out and start liking each other.  Romeo HAS had the guts to get mad at him for not having heard of William Shakespeare.  YAY FOR ROMEO!  And she has also told him that he is annoying.

Well, she did not actually tell him that he was ANNOYING, exactly.  She DID insult him, though.  In Shakespearean.  It was exciting.  I quite enjoyed it.

 What happened was that Romeo quoted Puck/ Robin Goodfellow in Act 3, Scene 2 of Midsummer Night's Dream ("Lord what fools these mortals be") after Demetrius said that he had never heard of Shakespeare and that there are no books where he comes from.  But his lack of awareness of books makes sense, once you think about it.  Demetrius comes from a highly technological society, and all the writing he does is ship's logs, because fiction and poetry are foreign concepts to him.

The reason Romeo chose that line is because I do not have my book of Shakespearean Insults with me, and I made a list in my NaNoWriMo plotting journal of all the insults I could use, but I only wrote down the numbers and not what the insults actually were, because that is against the NaNoWriMo rules.

But Demetrius's lack of knowledge of books... that is going to be fixed.  Because now ROMEO IS HERE!  And she will teach him RHYMING and IAMBIC PENTAMETER and LANGUAGE and SONNETS and INTERACTIONS and FICTION and LOVE POEMS and SHAKESPEAREAN INSULTS!  (I am really excited for that scene.  Can you tell at all?).

Anyhow, I have to go to English in three minutes.  YES I DID MY HOMEWORK.  NO, IT DOES NOT SUCK.  (it does not suck a whole ton, anyway.  There is no denying that it is bad, because it was me who wrote it).

No comments: