Happy (belated) Hanukkah, Merry (belated) Christmas, Joyous Kwanzaa (which isn't late!), Merry Solstice (belated, and I probably got the salutation wrong), and General Winter Holiday Greetings for whatever you may celebrate but that I may have missed!!! May the holidays be awesome to you (unless the holidays are, for some reason (be it cultural or religious), not supposed to be awesome for you... I'm not judging you if they are...)!
Personally, I celebrate Christmas, and it was rather awesome this year.
Why?
Well, we flipped up who made what for dinner this year (my brother and I normally do the desserts, but he made the turkey and I made the potatoes).
Also, I only got two articles of clothing: a hat and a National Novel Writing Month Winner's shirt. I specifically asked for no clothing, and I was happy that I didn't get any. I DON'T NEED ANY MORE CLOTHES. Everyone needs hats (especially super-awesome beanies like the one I got), and the National Novel Writing Month Winner's shirts are rather cool. Also, my mother found my fedora, which is EXCITING!
I also got "The Comedy of Errors" and "City of Bones" from my brother. "City of Bones," going from the summary on the back, sounds like the Twilight series but better, because they have demons, action, and the main character seems to have some sort of ability that confuses everyone (as in, they seem to be confused as to what this ability might be and why the main character, of all people, possesses it).
I think it's this ability that captures my interest in "City of Bones" more than my interest in "Twilight." I mean, the first book of "Twilight" wasn't bad, plot-wise, because there was the "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE???" element and the "WHO ARE YOU, EDWARD???" element, but the other books didn't (and, to an extent, really couldn't) expound on that.
Also, the end of "Breaking Dawn" (more specifically, the climactic sequence of "Breaking Dawn") was kind of disappointing. I don't know whether the author is morally opposed to writing fight sequences or something, but if she were, then she could've at least written some sort of struggle in that scene (epic arguing, someone letting their guard down or something that could have endangered EVERYBODY and made you wonder whether anyone was going to come out in one piece) but she didn't. (That non-battle scene is a major contributing factor to the Reasons Why I No Longer Like "Twilight").
Unfortunately, I have a LOT of books to read before I can get to "City of Bones," so I cannot find out what this ability is, why the main character has it, and other reasons why it's different from "Twilight" for a week or two at least. This is kind of depressing.
Well, I have all break. I can read a lot in that time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment