Well, opening night for the musical is tonight, and I am kind of majorly terrified. Okay, not majorly, but still sort of nervous. See, even though I've been in 21 shows (counting this one), the only times I've ever had solos were in Cabarets, where EVERYONE has a solo unless they are deliberately singing in a group. Also, I'm notoriously bad at keeping my own pitch when there is a full orchestra playing under me (I think this is partially due to a severe lack of experience of having a solo with a full orchestra. Funny how that works. You don't get solos unless you have experience holding your own pitch; you don't get experience holding your own pitch unless you get solos). So there's that. However, I HAVE gotten better, which is good. Rather than being notoriously bad, I'm now just cautiously okay.
In other news, I have some ideas of what to do for a senior project. The top three are writing a novel, doing some sort of theater internship, and knitting/ designing some sort of fashion line thing. I know I could do the novel; the theater internship might be harder to secure. The knitting... I'm not so sure.
However, I've been sort of captured by the whole knitting thing (even if knitting is not a warm-weather activity). The only problem with this is that, should I choose to pursue it, I'd be knitting somewhere in the vicinity of five to ten hours a day, including weekends (the senior project rules require that you work at least 25 hours a week). There's no issue of me being able to find the time - if I do senior projects, my teachers generally let me out of class (except for my chorus teacher, but that's only until the spring concert is over), and I don't doubt I will be able to buy cotton yarn somewhere and work with it. The trouble is that whole knitting-ten-hours-a-day thing. I mean, in order to pass the senior project committee (we ARE getting graded on it), I have to do something substantial. And something substantial involves knitting a LOT. Also, what would I do about models? What would I do about actually SHOWING it?
I already have an idea of what I would make - three or four major things (a dress and two shirts; two dresses and two shirts.... something like that), and an array of accessory type things - bags, belts, stuff like that.
The trouble is, I tried knitting a dress in three weeks. It didn't work. It came close, but it didn't work. Partially because I was epically procrastinating on it.
That's another potential for disaster - with an entire afternoon off (and more, when chorus is over), how much TV time will I be logging, and how much will I use TV time to procrastinate on the epic amounts of knitting I'll have to be doing?
I mean, I have to train for Philmont as well, which means I'm going to have to take at least an hour out each day to do some sort of physical exercise. I should have started training months ago, which means I need to start exercising in earnest, like, now. That is a mandatory thing.
If I have to knit ten hours a day, and I'm going for an hour run and getting back at one, that means I will finally put my needles down at 11:00 every night, and that is if I don't procrastinate epically.
Who needs epic knitting three weeks before school lets out, anyway?
Any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment