Wednesday, January 18, 2012

musicals and stuff

Greetings!

Well, the stuff that I was most worried about with regards to the musical have finally been solved. I have a costume! And we rehearsed the song we need to rehearse! So things are good in that regard. Okay, I don't ENTIRELY like my costume, but at least it exists, and it sort of fits my character's personality! Huzzah!

On the other hand, there's a little over a week until the show goes up, and our set isn't fully built and a lot of people still desperately need to work on their lines. I'm pretty much good, because I only have two lines, but some of the main people really need to work on it.


Also, I'm going to have to miss musical rehearsal in its entirety for the first time ever on Saturday. In the four years I've been doing my school's musical, this is the first time I'm going to have to get out of rehearsal all day.

Of course, I haven't been a senior for the last three years, so I wasn't applying to college the other three years, so that doesn't really count.

On Saturday, I'm going to go for a scholarship interview for a college that's among my top three. I applied early action there and regular for the other schools, so I have heard back from only this one and a few others as of yet.

The whole thing is just sort of panic-inducing because I'm missing rehearsal so close to the show, and it's for something that will affect my future a LOT. I want to get both right, but it's kind of hard to pull off without a Time Turner.


Also, I have awesome news on the knitting front. I've finally started binding off on the Dark Mark Flag, and I actually LIKE how it turned out. Okay, the top could be better, but MOST of it looks cool.

Now I have to start working on the hats that I'm making for the Crew. They aren't matching in color, but the Dark Mark is a recurring theme. The main reason for that is because I don't have enough gray and green yarn to make six or nine hats with; I probably don't have enough gray and green to make ONE hat. But I DO have a lot of other colors and a Dark Mark intarsia pattern, and we DO get points for team spirit at Klondike. Why not add some creativity?


Anyhow, I have homework to attend to before a four-hour rehearsal today. Farewell.

No comments: