Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Aladdin
Aladdin Junior, our summer camp musical, went really bad for most of the time. But the third show went fairly well, even though it was the ONE time I messed up "A Whole New World" because I didn;t have a page turner, so I really messed up a couple bars because the page wouldn't turn. But, somehow, we survived. I have no idea how we survived, but survive we did. The first show we did, almost none of the main characters could be heard, so on the second and third show, our director managed to get microphones for the people who really needed them. So we did better the second day. But we still sometimes messed up. But that was only to be expected when you had a set of six year old triplets, and one of them is Jasmine. Oh, yeah, we had two Abus-the other two triplets-and one of them ripped part of her pants, right over the butt, and I had a roll of duck tape in my backpack, so I duck taped her pants, and it was like, "Okay, of all the times you are going to do the back and butt show in your lifetime, this should not be one of them." I'm not entirely sure why I had a roll of a duck tape in my backpack, but that's beside the point. I think it was because we were originally going to do the Genie's shackles out of duck tape, and I kept the tape in my backpack in case we had to do repairs or remakes or something. I had already made the shackles, and it ended up that we only used them for one show-the first one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment