Take the last line of a favorite poem, and put it as the first line of your own poem-Still I Rise (Maya Angelou.)
Still I rise
But wait, I'm not rising anymore
I died.
The end. I'm not in the best of moods, as you can probably tell. I'm hungry and somewhat tired and not ready for life. AND on Thursday's the Progressive Dinner for Swim Team and we all have assigned dates and the guys have to ask the girls and I still haven't been asked yet. At the swim meet, people said that my date was going to be one of my friends who's kind of a nerd (okay, a lot of a nerd, nerdier than me, even) but I asked him whether he was going and he said that he wasn't. This is kind of irritating. Oh, well. Life is life. I just hope I don't get anyone idiotic, like one of the 13-14's. That would be awkward as well as annoying because I'm not IN the 13-14's anymore. I'm still curious who's supposed to ask me, though, because I know that nobody's going to ask me out anyway, so it would be kind of amusing to see who's supposed to ask me. Last night, at the swim meet, one of the guys went up over the loudspeaker and asked his date.
later.
No comments:
Post a Comment