Saturday, January 23, 2010

Recap 2

So last night's show went quite well. I FINALLY got all the dance steps right, and I didn't sing too early, and I think I was acutally able to be heard on the harmony in one of the songs. Hooray! Anyway, my mom got a straightener and a curler for me yesterday. I asked her to get the straightener, but not the curler. It was to be used for shows and nothing else. I'm not the makeup and hair straightening every day type of person outside of shows, when I have to. The thing is, I appreciate the help she gave me and everything, but it was kind of annoying when she was just like, "here, I can do it." I wasn't sure whether it was the fact that it was my mom or the fact that I was just used to having my friends or my cousins helping me with curling and straightening my hair, but I didn't really like it when my mom helped. I am not really sure of the reason. I just like doing stuff myself or with friends or people my own age. I have no idea why I have kind of an aversion to my mother, but it probably has something to do with the fact that she's my mother, and I am a teenager, so the two things don't really go together in my mind. However, aside from the annoyingness of my hair, the show, prep, and other things like that went fairly well. Apparently my brother and his girlfriend are coming tonight. I'm not sure what to think about it.

No comments: