Well, opening night for the musical went fairly well. I only messed up two dance steps, came on late for one scene that was very ensemble heavy so it didn't really matter, and started singing a bit early on one song. Overall, it went quite well. My voice coach was there, and my chemistry teacher, and my Ancient Civ teacher, and the guy who played Bernardo in West Side Story last year and who's the older brother of one of my sort-of friends and is currently a freshman in college.
The only really annoying thing that happened was that we finished ten thirty, which meant I got home at eleven, which meant I had lights out at eleven thirty, which meant I was so exhausted from the adrenaline and the dancing and everything, so I couldn't get to sleep until three in the morning, and that didn't really count as sleep because I don't remember having a dream.
I had tea that had caffeine this morning, but all the caffeine did was to give me enough energy to almost fall asleep during chemistry. At least today is Friday, so tomorrow I'll be able to sleep in.
I wasn't able to do my hair properly yesterday either, because people kept using the curlers and I really have no idea how to curl my own hair, and the girl who said she could help me kept having to help other people, so I asked my mom to invest in a straightener for me. I tried to half-straighten my hair with the curler last night. It didn't work. As my hair looks more 20's-ish when it's straightened, it makes sense. Anyway, I'm going to go finish my lunch now.
And when I get home today, because I'll actually be home at a reasonable time this afternoon, I'm going to take a nap. And then I will have enough energy to look like I'm having fun. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment