Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3

Well, if I'm able to write tonight, I'll (hopefully) be able to make up for the six pages that I didn't write yesterday. HOORAY! (I wrote for almost two hours today. It made me very happy.).
I began to think about the end of my novel today in creative writing (as I so often do when I'm only a few thousand words into a story), and that led to a discussion/ brainstorm with my creative writing teacher about who should wind up falling in love with whom.
The annoying thing is that, although I greatly enjoy writing romantic scenes (I'M SUCH A GIRL), I'm also absolutely horrid at having the scenes not be completely made of cheese. This may also be because I've never actually been in one of the numerous situations that my characters have been in, including the ones where most of my semi-romantic scenes take place, involving a dance/ ball where the only dancing you're allowed to do was partner-ballroom dancing, and the implication in said dances was that if you danced with someone, it meant that you actually sort of liked them, that you wanted to just torture them because you know they hate dancing and dresses (as in the case of Shya and Tel. However, Tel does like Shya, so that doesn't really count), or you just have to be polite and suck it up and dance with that person because your mother told you to.
So that's what I have for today.
I am extremely psyched to work on this shindig. Except for my hand becoming extremely writer's cramp-y today (as will probably happen every day I write for two hours. This doesn't bode well.).

No comments: